Yep — Mia’s a pharma sales rep. And surprisingly, from our quick scan of the bios of the 51 Miss USA contestants (we didn’t spend any time ogling the swimsuit pictures, of course), she’s the only pharma rep in the running for the crown this year.
Last year was better for Big Pharma, and particularly for Sciele Pharma (formerly First Horizon), which has employed two contestants from the 2006 pageant:
Miss Florida 2006 Cristin Duren, and
Miss Michigan 2006 Danelle Gay.
Still, this is a pretty poor showing compared to our NFL cheerleading squads and NBA dance teams. Sigh — maybe next year.
- Will Big Pharma start hiring Girl Scouts as drug reps?
- Introducing … the All-Pharma Cheerleading Squad!
- eDrugSearch cheerleader of the week: Kristie
- Time for Big Pharma to stake out high school cheerleading squads?
- Pfizer reps party hard on MySpace
- “Dr. Shameless: Why I take handouts from drug companies”
Search Blog Posts