Acid reflux has bothered almost everyone at one time or another, and certain foods can aggravate and intensify acid reflux symptoms. Sometimes, a change in diet is all that is necessary to remedy acid reflux. Lets take a look at some of the foods that you may need to avoid in order to better control your heartburn.
Ground beef, chuck
Cottage cheese, regular
Macaroni and cheese
Spaghetti with sauce
Coffee, decaffeinated or regular
Tea, decaffeinated or regular
Fats / Oils
Salad dressing, creamy
Salad dressing, oil & vinegar
Sweets / Desserts
Butter cookie, high-fat
Remember, each individual is different, and some foods may affect you more or less. Even with a change in diet, you may still have significant heart burn, and it is then you may want to ask your doctor about trying a a prescription medication. A drug like Nexium, Prilosec, Zantac or Prevacid may be the only way to eliminate your heartburn.
- Is the alphabet soup of acid reflux drugs giving you heartburn of the brain? Read this for a little relief
- Treating acid reflux and ulcers: is Prilosec or Nexium the right choice for you?
- Merck and insurance companies at cross-purposes over Gardasil
- How to Check Prescription Drug Interactions
- How to Properly Dispose of Medications
- How to Report Adverse Drug Reactions
Search Blog Posts