Anyone who lacks health-care insurance or is in the lower income brackets is well aware of the high cost of medical care and drug prices today. Many of these people are forced to go without life-saving treatment and to suffer unnecessarily. Even seniors who receive Medicaid may find themselves unable to afford their prescription co-payments. Sadly, studies show that elderly sufferers of high-blood pressure are one of the largest groups who go without treatment because of the high expense for life-saving medicine.
In addition, untreated mentally ill patients or those who suffer from chronic or acute illness may wind up in emergency rooms, hospitals and needing ambulances, which cost everyone more in the end. Moreover, untreated injuries usually get worse, which cause employed individuals to miss time from work. High drug prices create a vicious circle, and they continue to rise.
Risky Methods Used By Uninsured And Low-Income Patients Due To High Drug Costs
- They do not visit a doctor, or do not fill their prescriptions
- Take their medicine in lower amounts or less frequently than prescribed
- Ask their health practitioner for a lower-priced medication
- Buy their medications from other countries
- Try alternate therapies
What Can Be Done To Combat High Drug Prices Today?
One of the most economical and efficient ways to obtain much-needed medication is to shop and compare drug prices from verified online pharmacies, which are quickly gaining popularity and support from thankful customers. International companies, such as those in Canada, can sell high-quality medications to anyone by mail as long as the customer provides a doctor’s prescription. Some over-the-counter ointments and mild pain relievers are available at a large discount as well. Most of these drugs come in cost-saving generics, but even the name-brand drugs are 40 to 80 percent less than retail prices in the United States.
How Can I Decide Which Online Pharmacy Or Drug Store To Choose?
One helpful website that everyone should bookmark on his or her computer is eDrugSearch.com. This interactive web tool lets you compare drug prices among different pharmacies, which have been proven to provide safe, reliable and affordable medicine. After you shop for the prescribed drug you need, just choose the company with the best prices for your situation. Next, fill out the brief health screen on eDrugSearch and follow the easy directions for sending in your doctor’s prescription.
What Are Some Other Benefits From Buying Medications Online?
- People who live in remote areas or have a hard time getting out to go pick up their medications can have their orders shipped to their mailbox.
- Sending prescriptions over the Internet from a doctor to an online pharmacy reduces the use of paper and cuts down on transcription errors.
- You have more privacy because you order from home instead of having to wait at a pharmacy in person.
Why Should I Use eDrugSearch.com To Find An Online Pharmacy?
- At eDrugSearch, customers are encouraged to leave online reviews about individual pharmacies and also about the medications they use. Get independent information about issues that consumers want to know.
- eDrugSearch also provides a forum on their website that is devoted to input from other users of their site.
- Signing up with eDrugSearch is free and allows the consumer the use of extra features like Rx Alerts.
- Consumers get information about the most commonly prescribed drugs available today.
- At eDrugSearch, you will not find ads or annoying sales pitches because they do not take paid advertisements.
No one should go without their prescribed medications because of astronomical drug prices that they cannot afford. Everyone deserves to have good health and the relief that is available from affordable medicine. Additionally, tell someone you care about to visit the eDrugSearch.com website for the low prices available to them as well.
About this Angie’s List Expert: Cary Byrd is the president and founder of eDrugSearch.com. Based in San Antonio, eDrugSearch.com is a free cost comparison engine that helps consumers get safe access to affordable medications and advocates licensed online pharmacies as a widely accepted alternative.
- Merck and insurance companies at cross-purposes over Gardasil
- How to Save Money on Prescription Medications
- Northwest Pharmacy Reviews Are In: This Online Drugstore Delivers in More Ways Than One
- Obama’s Secret Trade Deal Could Cause Huge Rise in Drug Prices Worldwide
- Pain at the Pharmacy: What You Can Do About Unaffordable Prescription Drugs
- How to Order Medication Online
Search Blog Posts
Our Healthcare100 Ranking
Tagsadverse drug reactions Affordable Care Act big pharma Canadian drugs canadian pharmacies canadian pharmacy consumer reports Dave Ramsey discount drugs divine healing Drug costs drug prices Drug reimportation eDrugSearch.com FDA Fosamax healing scriptures Health 2.0 health blog directory health blogs healthcare100 healthcare reform Hypertension Jehova Rophe Jesus Christ Lipitor Medi Share miracles Obamacare online pharmacy dictionary osteoporosis Pharmacies pharmacy spam phrma Prescription drugs promote health blog Proverbs 3:5-8 reimportation relenza Roche saving money submit health blog Tamiflu The Great Physician The Lord our Healer