From the Chicago Tribune:
Hallmark Cards Inc., which has built its $4.2 billion empire on sentiments for life’s happier times, is releasing a new line of cards that will speak to … situations that the company says either have been ignored by greeting-card companies or received only a smattering of attention from niche players.
For illness: “Cancer is a villain who doesn’t play fair … but it can’t dim your spirit, and it can’t silence prayer.”
For eating disorders: “All I want is for you to be healthy–healthy and happy with yourself. Please take it one day at a time until you are.”
For depression: “When the world gets heavy, remember, I’m here to help carry it with you.”
The 176-card collection, called Journeys, went on sale last week at Hallmark’s 3,800 Gold Crown stores.
Now, I live in Kansas City, so I have dear friends and family who work at Hallmark and I like some of the things that company does. Like provide a paycheck to some of my friends and family. I also really like their Ã¢â‚¬ËœFresh InkÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ cards. But this seems like gross profiteering off of peopleÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s most troublesome sorrows.
IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢d also like to add that if IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m ever clinically depressed and someone buys me a greeting card specifically addressing my depression in a rhyming manner, I might just end it all right there in front of them.
I know it’s hard to find the right words to say when your friends or family are stricken with a serious disease or disorder — but a Hallmark card?
- eDrugSearch.com presents an alternative to Big Pharma’s “big bucket of money” pricing model
- Will Big Pharma start hiring Girl Scouts as drug reps?
- Merck and insurance companies at cross-purposes over Gardasil
- Another reason to comparison shop with eDrugSearch.com
- It’s time to end corporate welfare for prescription drug companies
- Meet Trisha, our Big Pharma sales rep of the day
Search Blog Posts