A cancer charity is recalling about 200,000 bracelets it sold as a fundraiser because they contain high levels of lead. The Friends of Mel Foundation tested the bead-and-metal bracelets after getting an e-mail that a 9-month-old boy apparently ingested lead from a bracelet… The foundation said it’s raised more than $1 million for Massachusetts General Hospital by selling the jewelry on its Web site and in small stores.
Who knew lead would make such a comeback? Where can I invest in lead? What’s next — lead in my Taco Bell burrito instead of the usual E. coli? Will Britney’s next fragrance contain lead?
I can hardly wait for more lead news!
- Will Big Pharma start hiring Girl Scouts as drug reps?
- Revolution Health Rumored to Acquire More Health 2.0 Companies
- HEALTH 2.0 INTERVIEW SERIES — Jane Sarasohn-Kahn: “Transparency can drive out poor providers”
- The eDrugSearch.com Community: the social network for consumers who buy prescription drugs online
- How valuable are online physician ratings systems?
- Do I have a chip on my shoulder? Maybe a little bit…
Search Blog Posts