A cancer charity is recalling about 200,000 bracelets it sold as a fundraiser because they contain high levels of lead. The Friends of Mel Foundation tested the bead-and-metal bracelets after getting an e-mail that a 9-month-old boy apparently ingested lead from a bracelet… The foundation said it’s raised more than $1 million for Massachusetts General Hospital by selling the jewelry on its Web site and in small stores.
Who knew lead would make such a comeback? Where can I invest in lead? What’s next — lead in my Taco Bell burrito instead of the usual E. coli? Will Britney’s next fragrance contain lead?
I can hardly wait for more lead news!
- Will Big Pharma start hiring Girl Scouts as drug reps?
- Is Hilary Clinton in bed with Big Pharma?
- Hallmark cards for cancer, anorexia and depression?
- Insurance companies dropping prescription-drug coverage for off-label conditions
- eDrugSearch.com presents an alternative to Big Pharma’s “big bucket of money” pricing model
- Super Bowl ads too pricey for Big Pharma?
Search Blog Posts