According to the AP , reports of side effects from medications nearly tripled from 1998 to 2005, per an analysis of new drug data. The number of deaths and serious injuries from prescription and over-the-counter drugs has risen from 34,966 to 89,842 during the period; the number of deaths from prescription drugs rose from 5,519 to 15,107.
These facts are truly revolting — which means maybe it’s time to revolt! Here’s an idea for fighting back provided by U.S.PIRG.
When companies donâ€™t tell us the whole truth about the clinical studies they conduct, doctors and patients are left in the dark about a drug’s risks. Please write a letter to the editor and urge drug companies to tell us the whole truth about the side effects of their drugs.
Keys to writing an effective letter include:
* Respond to a recent news story if possible.
* Explain how this issue affects you personally.
* Make one clear point and stick to it.
* Most letters need to be 200 words or less.
* Make sure to include your name, address and hometown with any submission, and follow up with a phone call if you can.
You can submit your letter quickly and easily by using U.S.PIRG’s online form.
- Merck and insurance companies at cross-purposes over Gardasil
- What’s safer — online pharmacies or Wal-Mart?
- Pharma links for 08-13-08
- The Easiest Way to Win a FREE Amazon Gift Card!
- Seven Common “Deadly Dangers” of Misprescribing Drugs
- Antidepressants are the most searched-for prescription drug brands online
Search Blog Posts
Our Healthcare100 Ranking
Tagsadverse drug reactions Affordable Care Act big pharma Canadian drugs canadian pharmacies canadian pharmacy compare drug prices consumer reports Dave Ramsey discount drugs divine healing Drug costs Drug Importation Drug Prices eDrugSearch.com FDA Fosamax healing scriptures Health 2.0 health blog directory health blogs healthcare100 healthcare reform Hypertension Jehova Rophe Jesus Christ Lipitor Medi Share miracles Obamacare online pharmacy dictionary osteoporosis Pharmacies pharmacy spam Prescription drugs promote health blog Proverbs 3:5-8 reimportation relenza Roche saving money submit health blog Tamiflu The Great Physician The Lord our Healer