According to the AP , reports of side effects from medications nearly tripled from 1998 to 2005, per an analysis of new drug data. The number of deaths and serious injuries from prescription and over-the-counter drugs has risen from 34,966 to 89,842 during the period; the number of deaths from prescription drugs rose from 5,519 to 15,107.
These facts are truly revolting — which means maybe it’s time to revolt! Here’s an idea for fighting back provided by U.S.PIRG.
When companies donâ€™t tell us the whole truth about the clinical studies they conduct, doctors and patients are left in the dark about a drug’s risks. Please write a letter to the editor and urge drug companies to tell us the whole truth about the side effects of their drugs.
Keys to writing an effective letter include:
* Respond to a recent news story if possible.
* Explain how this issue affects you personally.
* Make one clear point and stick to it.
* Most letters need to be 200 words or less.
* Make sure to include your name, address and hometown with any submission, and follow up with a phone call if you can.
You can submit your letter quickly and easily by using U.S.PIRG’s online form.
Search Blog Posts
Watch our YouTube Video
CategoriesBig Pharma Buy prescriptions online Canadian drugs Drug costs Drug reimportation Drug safety eDrugSearch.com FDA Health 2.0 Healthcare100 Healthcare blogs Healthcare solutions Low-cost drugs Medicare Part D Merck Online pharmacies Online pharmacy safety Pfizer Pharma bloggers Pharmaceutical companies Pharmaceutical marketing Pharma cheerleaders Prescription drug abuse Prescription drug prices Prescription drugs Prescriptions Wal-Mart drug plan
Tagsbig pharma Canadian drugs canadian pharmacies canadian pharmacy consumer reports craig newmark divine healing Drug costs drug prices Drug reimportation eDrugSearch.com FDA Fosamax Generic drugs healing scriptures Health 2.0 healthcare reform Hypertension Jehova Rophe Jesus Christ Lipitor Metformin miracles nabp online pharmacy dictionary online prescriptions osteoporosis peter rost Pharmacies pharmacists pharmacychecker pharmacy spam phrma Prescription drugs prescription medication Proverbs 3:5-8 reimportation relenza Roche saving money SSRI swine flu Tamiflu The Great Physician The Lord our Healer
- Scott McGarvey on How to Get the Cheapest Prescription Medications
- Heather Sturges on What is the Difference Between Effexor and Cymbalta?
- Lupe Machol on Cost of diabetes drugs has nearly doubled
- Manpower For Hospital In Pune on Why is Medicine Cheaper in Canada?
- Jen on How a Canadian Pharmacy Can Help You Offset Drug Price Hikes